All brands are warrantied against manufacturing defects, usually for a period of ONE YEAR or TWO YEARS from the original purchase date depending on the manufacturer.
Please note that manufacturers generally at their option, ask us to repair your watch by installing new or thoroughly reconditioned and inspected components or arranging to replace the watch with an identical or similar model. IMPORTANT — PLEASE NOTE THAT THEIR WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER DEFECTS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR WATCH BELOW ARE THE USUAL EXCLUSIONS COMMON TO MOST BRANDS:
- cover ends after the warranty period expires;
- if the watch was not originally purchased from an authorized retailer;
- if the watch was purchased secondhand;
- from repair services not performed by an authorized repairer;
- from accidents, tampering or abuse; and lens or crystal, strap or band, watch case, crown, attachments or battery. Most manufacturers may charge you for replacing any of these parts;
- any damage to the watch resulting from abnormal/ abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect
- use of the watch and non-observance of the any instructions provided by the manufacturer;
- normal wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of non metallic straps, such as leather, plastic, textile, velcro; peeling of the plating);
Below is another typical list of specific exclusions from one brand we work with:
- Mineral or sapphire crystal becoming scratched, chipped or broken
- Crown stems snapping or becoming detached from the casing
- Bezels becoming scratched, loose or lost
- Bezel becoming detached due to loss of MBS pins
- Strap or bracelet becoming scratched or broken
- Buckle breakage or damage
- Case back becoming scratched or loose
- Watch case becoming scratched, broken or damaged in any way
- Loss of lug spring or screw pins
- Defects or damage due to misuse and/or physical/accidental abuse
- Defects or damage due to the attempted repair of an unauthorised service centre
- Flooding or condensation due to the crown being left out of position, including thermal shock which may result in dial condensation if a warm watch is suddenly exposed to an extremely cold environment
Always keep in mind many sellers provide a warranty separate from the manufacturer, examples are chargeable extended warranties etc - this warranty is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the the manufacturer, for which the manufacturer carries sole responsibility.
The warranty by either seller or manufacturer does not affect the purchaser’s rights against the seller nor any other mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have.
To obtain warranty service, if we are the nominated service centre you would return your watch to us (after filing the online request to obtain a RAN number) or the retailer where the watch was purchased, together with a completed original Watch Repair Coupon if available, or a written statement identifying your name, address, telephone number and date and place of purchase. If you file an online service request which is vital if the watch is mailed to us you can complete one here http://support.timepieceservices.net/support/tickets/new
Some manufacturers will charge you for any postage and handling due on return shipments (this is not a repair charge) when completing service or repairs. NEVER INCLUDE A SPECIAL WATCHBAND OR ANY OTHER ARTICLE OF PERSONAL VALUE IN YOUR SHIPMENT.